The applicant should have attained the age of eighteen (18) years, should have lived in Jamaica for a minimum of Five (5) years on aggregate and for 12 months immediately preceding submission of the application and, be of good character.
- The application should be made (in duplicate) on Naturalisation Form, N1 which is obtainable at the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at www.pica.gov.jm .
- The form should be carefully read then completed and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
- Four (4) references are required as sponsors of the application. These persons should be Jamaican by birth and should not be a Civil Servant, a relative, lawyer or agent of the applicant.
- Before submitting the application, notice of your intention to apply for Naturalisation must appear in a daily newspaper. An example of the advertisement is set out on the final page of the application form. This notice should be published on two (2) separate occasions at least one (1) week apart and should be submitted along with the application. (Should not be older than 6 months).
- Completed application forms along with newspaper notices should be submitted to the Citizenship Unit of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency along with the following original documents.
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate/Statement of Live Birth/Certification of birth
- Marriage certificate / Decree Absolute (if applicable)
- Passport on which the applicant originally entered Jamaica
- Current Passport (if different from the one above)
- Valid Work Permit Card / Exemption Certificate
- Personal Tax Compliance Certificate. NB If applicant is the owner of a business , the company Tax Compliance Certificate must be submitted
- If applicant operates a wholesale/haberdashery then Income Tax Filings with both Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificates are required
- Recent Bank Statement (should not be older than 6 months)
- Verification of Income e.g. Employment Letter , Last Three Pay slips, Company Financial Statements, Pension statement (should not be older than 6 months)
- Evidence of any Community activity/Service Club
- Official change of name Document, Deed Polls must be registered through the court or the Country’s record office, Court Order(where applicable)
- Two Passport sized photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace
Please note that upon approval the applicant is required have the certificate endorsed at the Stamp Office at an additional cost of $JMD1000.00.
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen