Registration of Commonwealth Nationals
A Commonwealth national is an individual who is a Jamaican, British Citizen, British Overseas Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen and is a national of one of the countries listed below.
The applicant should have attained the age of eighteen (18) years, should have lived in Jamaica continuously for a minimum of Five (5) years and be of good character.
- The application should be made (in duplicate) on the Registration Form, R3 which is obtainable at the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at www.pica.gov.jm .
- The form should be read carefully, then completed and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
- The application should be submitted to the Citizenship Unit of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency supported by the following original documents.
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate/Statement of Live Birth/Certification of birth
- Marriage certificate / Decree Absolute (if applicable)
- Passport on which the applicant originally entered Jamaica
- Current Passport (if different from the one above)
- Work Permit Card / Exemption Certificate
- Personal Tax Compliance Certificate. NB If applicant is the owner of a business , the company Tax Compliance Certificate must be submitted
- If applicant operates a wholesale/haberdashery then Income Tax Filings with both Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificates are required
- Recent Bank Statement (should not be older than 6 months)
- Verification of Income e.g. Employment Letter , Last Three Pay slips, Company Financial Statements, Pension Statement ( should not be older than 6 months)
- Evidence of any Community activity/Service Club
- Official Change of Name Document – Court Order, Deed Polls registered through the court or the Country’s record office, etc (where applicable)
- Two Passport sized photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen