Registration of Commonwealth Nationals
A Commonwealth national is an individual who is a Jamaican, British Citizen, British Overseas Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen and is a national of one of the countries listed below.
The applicant should have attained the age of eighteen (18) years, should have lived in Jamaica continuously for a minimum of five (5) years and be of good character.
- 1. The application should be made (in duplicate) on the Registration Form, R3 which is obtainable at PICA, Jamaica Printing Services, 77 ½ Duke Street, Kingston as well as online at the PICA website: www.pica.gov.jm
- The Form should be read carefully, then completed and signed in the presence of either a Justice of the Peace, a Notary Public or someone authorized to administer Oaths
- 3. The application should be submitted to the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency, 8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10 and should be supported by the following original documents:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Passport on which the applicant originally entered Jamaica
3. Current Passport, if different
4. Work Permit card or Work Permit Exemption Certificate
5. Evidence of community activities in which applicant is involved, e.g., Service Club, etc.
6. Tax Compliance Certificate (personal and business). If applicant/spouse operates a wholesale Income Tax Filing is required.
7. Two (2) passport-sized photographs certified by either a Justice of the Peace,
8. Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths. (The applicant’s name along with the name, number and signature of the certifying officer and the certification date not older than 6 months should be included). No embossed seal.
9. Verification of income (e.g. Last three (3) pay slips, company financial statements, employment letter, pension statement). These should not be older than 6 months.
10. Recent Bank Statements (Should not be older than 6 months)
Compliant applications will be prepared for submission to the Minister within twenty-four (24) months.
• 2 identical photographs are required
• Photographs should be taken in colour with a matte/dull finish, against a plain background
• Applicants of light complexion should avoid wearing white clothing and should have photographs taken against a pastel shaded background
• Applicants of dark complexion should wear coloured clothing and photographs should be taken against a white background.
• Applicants with grey/white hair should have their photograph taken against a pale blue or pastel background
• There must be no other person or object in the photograph
• There should be no background shadows
• A full frontal pose is required
• There should be no creases or ink marks on the photograph
• Exposed shoulders and chest must be avoided
• Bright coloured clothing is not recommended
• Eye glasses should not have tinted lenses
• Heavy (thick) frames should be avoided
• Headgear is permitted ONLY for religious purposes. Facial features including the outline of the face from the bottom of the chin to top of the forehead must me clearly shown
• Photographs submitted with an application become the property of the Government of Jamaica
• No embossed seal
The 2 passport-sized photographs should be certified by a consular officer, Justice of the Peace, Notary Public Commissioner of Oaths. The name of the applicant along with the name, number and signature of the certifying officer should be included. Certification should not be older than 6 months. Photographs must be dated.
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen