Registration of Commonwealth Nationals

A Commonwealth national is an individual who is a Jamaican, British Citizen, British Overseas Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen and is a national of one of the countries listed below.

  •  Antigua and Barbuda
  •  Australia
  •  Bahamas
  •  Bangladesh
  •  Barbados
  •  Belize
  •  Botswana
  •  Brunei
  •  Cameroon
  •  Canada
  •  Cyprus
  •  Dominica
  •  Ghana
  •  Grenada
  •  Guyana
  •  India
  •  Kenya
  •  Kiribati
  •  Lesotho
  •  Malawi
  •  Malaysia
  •  Maldives
  •  Malta
  •  Mauritius
  •  Mozambique
  •  Namibia
  •  Nauru
  •  New Zealand
  •  Nigeria
  •  Pakistan
  •  Papua New Guinea
  •  Saint Kitts and Nevis (Saint Christopher and Nevis)
  •  Saint Lucia
  •  Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  •  Samoa (Western Samoa)
  •  Seychelles
  •  Sierra Leone
  •  Singapore
  •  Solomon Islands
  •  South Africa
  •  Sri Lanka
  •  Swaziland
  •  Tanzania
  •  Tonga
  •  Trinidad and Tobago
  •  Tuvalu
  •  Uganda
  •  Vanuatu
  •  Zambia


The applicant should have attained the age of eighteen (18) years, should have lived in Jamaica continuously for a minimum of Five (5) years and be of good character.


  1. The application should be made (in duplicate) on the Registration Form, R3 which is obtainable at  the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at .
  2. The form should be read carefully, then completed and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
  3. The application should be submitted to the Citizenship Unit of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency supported by the following original documents.

    • Applicant’s Birth Certificate/Statement of Live Birth/Certification of birth
    • Marriage certificate / Decree Absolute (if applicable)
    • Passport on which the applicant originally entered Jamaica
    • Current Passport (if different from the one above)
    • Work Permit Card /  Exemption Certificate
    • Personal Tax Compliance Certificate. NB If applicant is the owner of a business , the company Tax Compliance Certificate must be submitted
    • If applicant operates a wholesale/haberdashery then Income Tax Filings with both Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificates are required
    • Recent Bank Statement (should not be older than 6 months)
    • Verification of Income e.g. Employment Letter , Last Three Pay slips, Company Financial Statements, Pension Statement ( should not be older than 6 months)
    • Evidence of any Community activity/Service Club
    • Official Change of Name Document – Court Order, Deed Polls registered through the court or the Country’s record office, etc (where applicable)
    • Two Passport sized photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace
  5. Compliant applications will be prepared for submission to the Minister within twenty four (24) months.

PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.