Registration of Minors
A minor is any individual that is under the age of eighteen (18) years.
For Registration of Minors as Citizens of Jamaica note the following:
- The application should be made in duplicate on the Registration Form R4, which is obtainable at the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at Forms.
- The form should be read carefully. It must be completed by the Parent of the Guardian of the Minor and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
- Two (2) references are required to sponsor the application. These persons should be Jamaican by birth and should not be a Civil Servant, a relative, lawyer or agent of the applicant.
- Having satisfied the above-mentioned, the application should be submitted at the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency or the nearest Jamaican High Commission, Embassy or Consulate supported by the following original documents.
- Minor’s Birth Certificate
- Minor’s Passport
- Parents’ Marriage Certificate where applicable
- Parents’ Passport (valid)
- Evidence of parents’ Jamaican Nationality (if citizen of Jamaica)
- Work Permit of Parent/s where applicable
- Tax Compliance Certificate, Income Tax filing, valid Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificate of the Parent if parent operates wholesale
- Recent School letter (should not be older than 6 months)
- Bank Statement for Parent(s) (should not be older than 6 months)
- Verification of Income for parents (eg. employment letter, Company financial statements, pension statement, Last 3 Pay Slips). Should not be older than 6 months.
- Two (2) passport-sized photographs of Minor, certified by either a Justice of the Peace, a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths. (The applicant’s name along with the name, number and signature of the certifying officer and the certification date (not older than 6 months should be included). No embossed seal.
- (Required Application Fee)
• Applications submitted locally will attract a non-refundable fee of JMD$20,000.00. Payment for local applications will only be accepted in Jamaican dollars.
• Fees tendered in the various foreign currencies are accepted but are only applicable to applications submitted through the Jamaican High Commission Consulates/Embassies. The required costs are quoted as follows: USD$100.00; CAD$110.00; GBP£60.00; EUR€75.00
Compliant applications will be prepared for submission to the Minister for approval within twenty-four (24) months.
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen