Registration of Minors
A minor is any individual that is under the age of eighteen (18) years.
- The application should be made in duplicate on the Registration Form R4, which is obtainable at the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at Forms.
- The form should be read carefully. It must be completed by the Parent of the Guardian of the Minor and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
- Two (2) references are required to sponsor the application. These persons should be Jamaican by birth and should not be a Civil Servant, a relative, lawyer or agent of the applicant.
- Having satisfied the above-mentioned, the application should be submitted at the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency or the nearest Jamaican High Commission, Embassy or Consulate supported by the following original documents.
- Minor’s Birth Certificate
- Minor’s Valid Passport
- Parent’s Valid Passport
- Parents’ Marriage Certificate where applicable
- Evidence of parents’ Jamaican Nationality (if citizen of Jamaica)
- Valid Work Permit of Parent/s where applicable
- Personal Tax Compliance Certificate of Parent/s if resident in Jamaica. NB if Parent is owner of a Business owner then company Tax Compliance Certificate must be submitted
- If parent is the owner of a wholesale/haberdashery then Income Tax Filings with both Personal and Business Tax Compliance Certificates are required
- Recent School letter (should not be older than 6 months)
- Bank Statement for Parent (should not be older than 6 months)
- Verification of Income for Parent e.g. Employment Letter, Company Financial Statement, Last 3 Pay Slips, Pension Statement
- Two Passport sized photographs of Minor certified by a Justice of the Peace for local applications or by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths or Consular Officer for overseas applications
- Application Fee(required fee)
- Compliant applications will be prepared for submission to the Minister within twenty four (24) months.
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen