How do I give up (renounce) Jamaica Citizenship
The formal process of giving up one’s Jamaican Nationality/citizenship is referred to as Renunciation.
The applicant should be of full age and capacity, either a national of a foreign country or has been assured of such nationality on the condition that he/she renounces Jamaican Nationality.
- 1. The application form which is obtainable at PICA, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at www.pica.gov.jm, should be read carefully, then completed in triplicate and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or someone authorized to administer oaths
- 2. The application should be submitted to the Passport, Immigration, and Citizenship Agency (PICA), 8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates supported by the following original documents:
a. Birth Certificate;
b. Jamaican Passport;
c. Evidence of other nationality (citizenship certificate; passport or official letter of assurance or promise of other nationality) will be required to support the loss of Jamaican citizenship;
d. Two (2) passport sized photographs certified by either a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths. (The applicant’s name along with the name, number and signature of the certifying officer and the certification date not older than 6 months should be included). No embossed seal.
Compliant applications are processed within 24 months.
• Applications submitted locally will attract a non-refundable fee of JMD $80,000.00.2 Payment for local applications will only be accepted in Jamaican dollars.
• Fees for the various foreign currencies are accepted but are only applicable to applications submitted through the Jamaican High Commission Consulates/Embassies. The required costs are quoted as follows: USD$1000.00; CAD$1,100.00; GBP£625.00; EUR€700.00
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen