How do I give up (renounce) Jamaica Citizenship


The formal process of giving up one’s Jamaican Nationality/citizenship is referred to as Renunciation.



The applicant should be of full age and capacity, either a national of a foreign country or has been assured of such nationality on the condition that he/she renounces Jamaican Nationality.



  1. 1. The declaration of Renunciation form which is obtainable at PICA, Citizenship Unit, Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street, Kingston, the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates as well as online at must be read carefully, completed in triplicate (3) and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace( for local applications). Applications submitted overseas can be certified by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths.
  2. Local applications should be submitted to the Citizenship Unit, the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency. If you are applying from overseas, applications should be submitted through the Jamaican High Commission, Embassy or Consulate.
  3. Completed  forms should be submitted along with the following original documents



(i.) Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate/Citizenship Certificate

(ii.) Jamaican Passport

(iii.) Valid ID of applicant

(iv.) Evidence of other nationality (citizenship certificate, passport or official letter of assurance or promise of other nationality) will be required to support the loss of Jamaican Citizenship

(v.) Two Passport sized photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace for local applications or by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths or Consular Officer for overseas applications (should not be older than 6 months)

(vi.) Application fee(required fee)

Compliant applications will be prepared for submission  within twenty four (24) months.


PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.