Restoration of Jamaican Citizenship
The restoration of Jamaican Citizenship is applicable only to former Jamaican nationals who acquired Jamaican Citizenship by virtue of Birth, descent or adoption and subsequently renounced it.
- 1. The application form, Restoration of Citizenship Form R5 which is obtainable at the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates, the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street Kingston as well as online at www.pica.gov.jm should be read carefully and completed in triplicate
- 2. The Form should be signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or someone authorized to administer oaths.
- 3. The application must be submitted to the Passport Immigration and Citizenship Agency, 8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10 supported by the following original documents:
(i.) Letter of renunciation
(ii.) Proof of current citizenship
(iii.) Valid ID
(iv. ) Two passport-sized photographs certified by either a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public, or Commissioner of Oaths. (The applicant’s name along with the name, number and signature of the certifying officer and the certification date not older than 6 months should be included). No embossed seal.
Compliant applications will be prepared for a decision within twenty four (24) months.
• Applications submitted locally will attract a non-refundable fee of JMD$80,000.00. Payment for local applications will only be accepted in Jamaican dollars.
• Fees tendered in the various foreign currencies are accepted but are only applicable to applications submitted through the Jamaican High Commission Consulates/Embassies. The required costs are quoted as follows: USD$1000.00; CAD$1,100.00; GBP£625.00; EUR€700.00
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen