Restoration of Jamaican Citizenship
The restoration of Jamaican Citizenship is applicable only to former Jamaican nationals who acquired Jamaican Citizenship by virtue of Birth, descent or adoption and subsequently renounced it.
- The application form, Restoration of Citizenship Form R5 which is obtainable at the Jamaican High Commissions, Embassies and Consulates, the Jamaica Printing Services, 77 1/2 Duke Street Kingston as well as online at Forms.
- The form should be read carefully, completed in triplicate and signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace for persons submitting their applications locally and by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths for overseas applications.
- Local applications must be submitted to the Citizenship Unit of the Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency. If you are applying from overseas, applications must be submitted through the Jamaican High Commission, Embassy or Consulate.
- Completed application forms must be submitted along with the following original documents:
(i.) Letter of renunciation
(ii.) Proof of current citizenship
(iii.) Valid ID
(iv. ) Two Passport sized photographs of the applicant certified by a Justice of the Peace for local applications or by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Commissioner of Oaths for overseas applications
Compliant applications will be prepared for a decision within twenty four (24) months.
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the application.
- General Citizenship Information
- Category Of Citizenship
- Becoming a Citizen