Unconditional Landing

This is where a person has a claim to Jamaican citizenship and wants that status in their foreign passport. The ways this can be granted are seen below:


  • Valid Passport (at least 6 months validity)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate/divorce decree where applicable


  • Valid Passport ( at least 6 months validity)
  • Applicants birth Certificate/divorce decree where applicable
  • Parents birth certificate/machine readable Jamaican passport/citizenship certificate
  • Parents marriage certificate/divorce decree
  • Adoption certificate


  • Valid passport (at least 6 months validity)
  • Naturalization certificate issued by Jamaica
  • Marriage certificate where applicable


  • Valid passport (at least 6 months validity)
  • Certificate of recognition/letter from Ministry of Labour
  • Birth Certificate of dependents where applicable
  • Marriage certificate where applicable

NOTE: If parents are overseas, they need to provide a notarized copy of their passport and a notarized letter granting permission for the Unconditional Landing to be done.

Currently extension of stay/Unconditional landing is only granted in Kingston and Montego Bay.