An applicant for permanent residence must fall in any one of the following categories:
- Employment (not less than 3 years)
- Marriage to a Jamaican
- Previous holders of Unconditional Landing status by virtue of marriage to a Jamaican
An application for permanent residence should be submitted along with the following documents:
- Valid passport (entry visa for Jamaica is required for nationals of Non Commonwealth countries as well as nationals of Commonwealth countries on whom a visa requirement has been imposed)
- Evidence of financial status and means of support such as particulars of pension, bank statement, property owned and business investments.
- Business owners must present Certificate of Registration, Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) – this may be printed from the website, proof of Income Tax Returns (applicable to holders of Jamaican work permits & owners of businesses in Jamaica) and audited financial statement for the last full year of the business’ operation.
- Birth Certificate of applicant (original) and should be translated if not in English.
- Birth Certificate or Jamaican passport of Jamaican Spouse – applicable to applicants who are married to a Jamaican
- Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree /Decree Absolute where applicable
- Birth Certificate of children where applicable
- Local Medical Certificate – certificate of good health (in Jamaica)
- Police Certificate from previous country or countries of residence and from Jamaica if resided here for six (6) months or more
- Two (2) identical passport size photographs certified by a Justice of the Peace
- Letter stating reason for seeking permanent residence in Jamaica
- Letter from two reputable references or acquaintances (nationals of Jamaica)
- Non-refundable processing fee of Jamaican One Hundred Thousand dollars JMD100,000.00
- Letters in (k) & (l) must be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Passport Immigration, Citizenship Agency
25 Constant Spring Road,
N.B – All documents submitted must be original.
Applications are usually processed within 3 to 6 months.
Submission of new applications – 8:30am to 12:30pm
Approval endorsement and Transfer of PR status – 2:00pm to 3:30pm