Applying for an adult passport while overseas
If you are applying from overseas, two options are available to you for obtaining your passport.
Option 1: Applying through the nearest Jamaican Consulate/Mission.
Option 2: Applying online (Adult renewals only)
Persons applying through option 1 must have the following documents ready and then contact the nearest Jamaican Consulate/Mission for the necessary fees and procedures to be followed when submitting their passport application.
- Current Passport
- Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate or Jamaican Citizenship Certificate
- Two (2) identical Photographs ( NB//: one photograph must be certified by the same certifying official who certified the application)
- Proof of name change if name has been changed (Marriage Certificate, Deed poll, Divorce Decree, Court Order)
- Processing fee – (US$80; £50)
Please note that PICA reserves the right to request additional documents during the application process.
For Option 2, only adult applicants who are renewing their passport and who were not minors (below 18) when they received their last passport may apply online. To apply, the applicant must visit our Online Passport Application Portal to begin the process.
- Adult Passport Information
- Child Passport Information
- Your Passport
- General Passport Information