A Jamaican passport is one of the most important identity documents one can possess and therefore it must be kept in a safe place at all times. Once a passport has been reported lost or stolen, it is no longer valid and should not be used for travel. This is to ensure that it is not used for fraudulent purposes. Attempted use of a passport that was reported lost or stolen may result in difficulties and or delays at ports of entry.

You will be required to make out a report regarding your lost, stolen or damaged report to an officer in our Investigation and Surveillance Unit before applying for a replacement of your document. Following a period of investigation by our officers, you can begin the process of replacing your passport.

To replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport, you will be required to submit the following documents:

  • Replacement Fees
  • Completed application form
  • The official report from our Investigation and Surveillance Unit
  • Birth Certificate/Adoption Certificate or Jamaican Citizenship Certificate
  • Two (2) identical photographs ( NB//: one photograph must be certified by the same certifying official who certified your application)
  • A valid Government issued photo identification (Example: Drivers Licence, Voter Identification).
  • Proof of name change if name has been changed (Marriage Certificate, Deed poll, Divorce Decree, Court Order)
  • In case of a minor please (click here) for the documents required.

Damaged Passports 

Damaged passports must be presented to PICA’s Customer Service Unit for examination and advice before further use. It is a breach of the Passport Act if a passport is willfully damaged or mutilated, therefore additional investigations may be carried out to determine how the damage occurred.